<VV> weird tach

Arend Huisman arendhuismus at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 7 10:36:42 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

a few weeks ago i posted a question about a bad working tach and after some answers i decided to contact Clarks, who sold me the Spyder dash, where the tach is part of. I immediately got an answer with apologies and a week later i found a new/old tach in the mail, which was checked.
I have changed them out and this one is better, but still it seems to work like it's a sort of vacuum gauge; if i'm doing 40 miles in 4th gear, and hit the accelerator, it instantly jumps from 2000 to almost 3000 rpm. Looks good, but the car is not equally responsive...(haha)
BTW i installed an alternator in the car with an internal voltage regulator, but the original regulator is still working in the car too; should this have anything to do with it?
Any ideas and input are welcome

Arend Huisman (Netherlands)
'64 Monza vert