<VV> Where is everyone?

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Tue Oct 7 13:38:22 EDT 2008

Sunday and Monday I was at Kansas Speedway for a National Electrathon Race.  We weren't anywhere near NASCAR speeds but we were racing for an hour on 1kw or 11 cents of fuel.  The new World record was set at 58 + miles in one hour, bumping the old record almost 5mph.

My High School students didn't set the record, but we did manage to take second in our class after missing a couple of laps because of a chain problem.

Racers were there from Main, Washington state, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri.

Required Corvair content, our winning car has a front end designed after the Monza SS show car . . . pretty aerodynamic. And Travis Bolton brought by some of the Corvair parts I purchased at Indy Olympics last summer.

It is true when they say a bad day at the track is better than a good day at the office.

Terry Kalp