<VV> Battery fire

frank walkr knarfwalker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:38:08 EDT 2008

many years ago when i was a teenager I was driving my dad's 68 having fun on
this nice winding road when the engine died. I coasted to the side and
looked under the hood and found that the battery was not bolted down. it had
flown across the engine compart ( the battery cables were still attached and
had landed with the positive post resting on a red hot fuel line. Some of
the lead on the cable end had melted and opened the short. I put the battery
back in its place and the car started right back up, i check for leaks and i
went home to do some explaining.