<VV> 67 Monza 110 PG - Initial carburetor idle adjustment screw setting ?

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Wed Oct 8 20:04:51 EDT 2008

Well, with your help, Sleeping Beauty is awake and running, sort of.
She starts with the flick of the key now, after not running for about 7
or 8 years (and rarely before that).

What is the initial setting for the carburetor idle adjustment screw,
for an engine that has not run for about 7 years ?

The carbs are new, but I don't know if the settings are correct.

I turned one (left side) in to close it (gently) and then turned the
right side in until she tried to stall, then back out to run without
stalling.

I then did the same for left side (without changing the right side).

I think they are now both at minimum running fuel/air ratio, but I can't
find any settings in the GM manual.

I want to get this done quickly, since I'm getting asphyxiated with the
fumes.

Progress report :

Brakes pumped up from being right to the floor, up to about 2" play,
after about 40 pumps on the brakes, and replacing the fluid, which may
need replacing.
Shoes and drums next.
The engine is a little noisy, so I guess a 'warm adjust' is on my to-do
list.
Some seals have sprung a leak, so that's next.

Thanks again for getting me this far !
Charlie

67 Monza 110 PG