<VV> Getting oil off concrete

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Oct 9 02:30:38 EDT 2008

Hi people.

My son's buddy brought over his "new" 64 VW van for me to see. It was a rust
bucket that ran rough. He got it for $500.00. I adjusted the points & timing
and it runs better. I also got the tail & stop lights to work.  We plan to
do some more work on it this weekend. When he left, I saw that he had graced
my concrete driveway with a 4 inch round oil puddle right where I park my
Corvair and she doesn't leak. (Corvair content) I have used some degreaser
and a brush, and foamy degreaser spray and I still can't get much of it out.
There's got to be a slick way to get most of the oil up. What do you guys
do?

Dave Thompson

Dry 63 Spyder vert