<VV> Cold valve adjustment

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 13:46:48 EDT 2008

I cant help but reply on this subject so here goes.I purchased a 65 110 Monza that had set for a long time. I had problems getting and keeping the lifters in adjustment. Every time it sat for a period of time they were noisy again. To make a long story short I decided to do the heads with a quality valve job, new everything (Ken Hand) and while I had everythi.ng out I decided to do a complete rebuild. I adjusted the lifters on the engine stand and I couldnt believe how close the adjustment turned out. Later when adjusting them running I kept close track of where the valves were set and believe it or not I didnt end up changing the adjustment at all. Lifters arent noisy after long periods of setting now. I`m convinced that sometimes you just cant keep an old set of lifters working correctly. I used Sealed Power lifters and am very happy with the results. Im not sure if you should put new lifters with an older cam but if you can that along with new rockers
 were the cure for me. Its sure worth the investment just for the satisfaction of a quiet engin.
                                                Pete Inman, 65 110 Monza