<VV> Padded Dash

Tom Lopez twlopez at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:13:58 EDT 2008

My 1960 700 has a padded dash that is cracked pretty bad. I do know Clarks
sells replacements for a couple hundred bucks. My question is whats under
that dash padding. It looks as if a painted metal dash is beneath the
cracks. What I was thinking was to remove the padding and go without the
metal dash until I can scrounge up the $$ to buy a repro. Any suggestions or
is this a bad idea? Hopefully someone from this list has peeled away a dead
dash befoe and can offer some insight. Thanks!

Tom Lopez
1960 700 Sedan
140cu PG