<VV> Exhaust Parts Recommendation

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 10:58:10 EDT 2008

Morning folks:

I am getting ready to replace the exhaust on my 140 Corsa.  I have a  new set
of Walker "Lifetime" mufflers for the 1.7 Renault/AMC cars that I bought
over ten years ago with Lon's U tubes to connect up to the stock exhaust
manifolds after I had success with the same setup using cheap mufflers for the  same
car.  These cheapo mufflers are finally worn out and need to be  replaced.  I
wasn't happy with the exhaust parts from vendors back  then (especially the
one's I bought that told me to loosen the exhaust  manifold to head bolts for
more adjustment and then tighten everything  up).  For safety and correctness I
want this next 140 system to bolt up to  the exhaust manifolds and fit with
minimal adjustment to the exhaust pipe,  muffler and tailpipe.  A system that
has the correct side discharge  alignment without spending a whole weekend to
get things into alignment equally  on both sides would be a big help.  I have
the appropriate heat shields  (some I fabricated and some stock), but I want a
stock system (smaller than the  1.7 Renault/AMC ones that require larger jets
in the carbs).  I would  appreciate anyone's comments on currently available
140 exhaust systems from the  various vendors.  Recent purchases would probable
be most helpful, but any  comments are welcome.  Replies on or off list will
be appreciated.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa
2 '68 Monzas

PS.  I've got two Walker "Lifetime" mufflers for  sale:)