<VV> No spark issue - Need Recommendation for system check

Michael Cobb themoose at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 13 09:27:42 EDT 2008

Over last weekend, I changed the oil in my 1966 110/PG.

I started the car to get the oil warmed up.  Ran just fine.

Started changing the oil.  I had read in the recent Communique "Pull the coil wire and ground it to the engine - crank the car to pump out the cooler/oil filter."  I figured I would give that a try.  Pulled coil wire - cranked car for 10 sec.

Afterward, everything seemed normal.  Dirty oil out - Clean oil in/new filter.  Reattached coil wire and tried to start car.

Not sure what happened, but car will not start now.  It just cranks.  I can smell fuel, so fuel isn't the issue.  I checked for spark, and there does not appear to be a spark.

I have tried to check everything I can, but of course, there's always something that can be missed.

WHAT DO YOU FOLKS RECOMMEND AS A CHECKLIST?

Mike in Atlanta