<VV> safety wake up

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 22:11:45 EDT 2008

Dennis,
     Good warning!  I can add that you can also buy these reinforcing cables separately (by themselves) without buying the springs for those of us who are more "frugally-minded".  Try Home Depot or Lowes or similar stores in your area.  The springs are under tension when the door is CLOSED so just bring the doors up to OPEN position.  Some small adjustment of the door position may be necessary to remove ALL tension from the springs when you add the cables.
     Don't let this matter go unless you want to see just what damage these springs can inflict on your Corvair, or, even worse, on YOU!
     Frank Burkhard