<VV> Corvairs in Print and legible <GGG>( humor ???)

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 14 22:29:04 EDT 2008

I have just returned from NECC's Summit Point race day and I have
been fielding 4 days of VV mail and I am
excited to see all the entries from SethMeister without all the
additional symbols etc. Thanks to you Seth and
to all who helped solve the issue.

Chuck Armer
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  At 05:56 PM 10/14/2008, you wrote:
>The November Motor Trend has a letter in it from Virtual Vairs participant
>Jim Houston. Responding to an article, a previous examination of the
>new  Chevy
>Volt, Jim takes issue with one of their writers use of the term "fiasco"
>when describing the Corvair - along with the Vega and Olds diesel. Jim noted
>that the car was just ahead of its time, and that it was the muscle
>car advent
>that pushed the car out of production. Motor Trend acknowledge
>the  Innovative
>nature of the Corvair, but point to the Rear engine/swing axle  combination
>that created "handling issues that were not addressed quickly enough  by GM".
>Calling the handling issues a fiasco that could have been
>avoided.  Funny, back
>in 1960, they selected the Corvair as Motor Trend Magazine  "Car of
>the year".
>Hindsight, I guess is 20/20. - Seth Emerson

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director