<VV> It's Alive - 1966 500

Geoffrey Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu Oct 16 23:09:29 EDT 2008

My '66 500 four door is back to life with a new egine.  Tomorrow will be
four
weeks that I have owned it.  Now it was 'running' when I got it and I put
about a thousand miles on it.   Yet the amount af blowby was unbelievable!
Tore it down two weeks ago and put in new TRW pistons with ceramic coating
and chrome
rings.   Also nicely deflashed, ported, ceramic coated heads.    Fired it
up this afternoon and it settled into a nice happy idle.   Drive great.
I need to change the oil again and put the lower shrouds on now.

-Geoff Johnson