<VV> It's Alive - 1966 500

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 23:18:07 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/16/2008 8:09:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
geoffj at unm.edu writes:

My '66  500 four door is back to life with a new egine.  Tomorrow will be
four
weeks that I have owned it.  Now it was 'running' when I got  it and I put
about a thousand miles on it.   Yet the amount af  blowby was unbelievable!
Tore it down two weeks ago and put in new TRW  pistons with ceramic coating
and chrome
rings.   Also nicely  deflashed, ported, ceramic coated heads.    Fired it
up this  afternoon and it settled into a nice happy idle.   Drive great.
I need to change the oil again and put the lower shrouds on  now.

-Geoff Johnson

Check it out and let us know how it runs---especially with the ceramic
coating on the heads and pistons.

Question--just which surfaces of the heads were ceramicized?

Scotty from Hollyweird