<VV> Timing, was: CORSA CONVENTION / FLORIDA HEAT

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 20 16:34:59 EDT 2008

My take on late June conventions has always been this. When is the summer
solestice? June. What is the summer solestice? When the sun's most direct.
So when are you going to fry like bacon on a hot griddle the fastest? June.
It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. (And this isn't
even mentioning that June conventions come up way too fast, being only a
month or two out of the "too cold" winter time - not enough time to prep
the car...) So spare me, *please* from June conventions....

Personally the later in the summer the better for me. Sure, in August you
have to watch out for early school starts, now that they have jumped the
Labor Day barrier. But even mid August isn't as "hot" (relatively speaking)
as July, and you won't fry as fast, either. That's why the DACC Homecoming
always has "perfect" temperatures.

-Mark