<VV> Ladies program at Conventions

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Oct 21 11:06:59 EDT 2008

Since the volume of posts  say I just don't see all the families at these conventions, then perhaps the BOD should check the family registrations and set up a committee to see what they can do for the kids AND the ladies ...

Cruise ships are experts at this kind of stuff.  and they only have the confines of the ship to work within.

The Marine Corps League doesn't have a function without a ladies program.  Even if only a half dozen wives show up at a State event, the Host Commandant's wife usually organizes a shopping trip and lunch so they don't have to sit around with the jarheads and get bored to death.  Much more is planned for the kids and ladies at the national conventions.

Numbers declining? not enough people attending the National?  Many Marine attendees are bringing the grandkids, and this years at Orlando (IN AUGUST) was no exception.

Might sound simplistic, but diversify the program and we'll see if that is the ruling demographic thoughout the club, not just on V V.

I've got another busy year coming up next year, plus it's my 30 year wedding anniversary too, so a Corvair convention isn't in the cards.

Hank