<VV> Ignition Wire Sets

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Oct 23 10:52:16 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/22/2008 2:17:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tony.underwood at cox.net writes:

It  wasn't expensive either...  sure, I buy stuff form the vendors but if I
need something fast, the FLAPS is where I go next if the stash fails  me.
Seth, the wires looked as nice as yours...   not  available in yellow or pink
or blue though.
tony..

For general information, I guess, I make and sell my 8mm wires through
almost all the major Corvair vendors. I also supply 7mm black sets to many  Corvair
parts vendors. These are a good quality set with a well-sealing  boot and are
made to my specs and wire lengths. I also offer these same wires in  the
longer 1960 lengths. I don't normally sell these 7mm sets direct to  customers
because the cost is so low - maybe less than your FLAPS price -  that the
shipping cost for one set would eat up the savings. I suggest  that if you want the
standard 7mm black wires, in the correct lengths, just  add the order on to
your next mail-order Corvair parts purchase. It might be  worth keeping a set on
the shelf. As you noted, my 8mm  Spiro-Pro wires are available in eight
different colors, custom  lengths and several other options. I look at it as two
very different markets  with a small overlap. The third market I serve is the
NOS-style, Delco  Packard, correctly date coded, wiresets for concours cars. See
if you  can find those at your FLAPS. <grin>  - Questions?

- Seth Emerson