<VV> Hydraulic Tonneau Lift

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Oct 28 00:19:11 EDT 2008

THAT'S COOOOL!!

Dave Thompson

-----Original Message-----
From: Western Canada CORSA [mailto:westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 3:43 AM
To: 'corvanatics'; virtualvairs at corvair.org; corvairs at cybrus.net
Cc: 'Melanie Rushworth'; 'Bill Rush'; rosemt at kingston.net
Subject: <VV> Hydraulic Tonneau Lift

So some of you have seen the fiberglass tonneau cover we managed to get
pieced together right before leaving for Ventura.

Here's a shot of the underside.

http://tinyurl.com/5pwtyh

The blue/green strip down the center is actually just glass from where we
sectioned and tapered the original tonneau we used as a starting point.  (It
was an older style full size tonneau)

The horizontal strip across the top is actually the piece taken out of the
center laid in, with an extra 2-3" piece as well to stretch the tonneau so
it will actually cover the ginormous bed of the Rampside.

Here's a shot of the Top Up hydraulic system as we're mocking it up.  Almost
everything went in back-ass-wards from the way it is intended, but it works!

http://tinyurl.com/6ojwws

Finally, here's the first test.  Yeehaw!

http://tinyurl.com/6rabqt

Still lots to do, including re-plumbing the hydraulic lines, and major work
to get the tonneau fitted properly, now that we know exactly how it's going
to fit.

Want to see it in action.  Try here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JreF4XCoOVg

BIG thanks to Mike for coming out to lend a hand.  I think I need to get
some sleep now....

Regards,
Joel