<VV> Corvair braking "problem"

Ken Lundy (Home) klundy at optonline.net
Wed Oct 29 12:00:04 EDT 2008

I recently installed new wheel cylinders and brake pads and had the drums
turned in my 64 convertible. One cylinder was leaking, so I replaced all of
them. I have always been impressed when I step on the brakes. It just stops
straight, with little effort on my part. Why anyone would want to add discs
or do any other ³upgrades² is beyond me. Corvair brakes are unbeatable when
they are working as they were intended.
By the way.... getting back to the tire pressure issue.... after much
experimenting and with the help of all who contributed their thoughts, I
have set my Firestone FR-380 tires at 18 front and 30 rear.  The car steers
very nicely without being too mushy (lower pressures) or skittish (higher
pressures). Thought you¹d like to know.

Regards,
Ken Lundy
NJ