<VV> Corvairs on TV - Life on Mars

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 12:00:10 EDT 2008

This is an import from Britain (from the BBC, to be precise):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lifeonmars/

If the last Brit import to the USA (Coupling) is anything to go by, the
American version will be an unfunny disaster (Coupling was pulled before the
end of the first series, and yet the Brit version was fantastic).

However, at least the lucky Americans will get to see decent cars (Corvairs
et al) rather than rubbish 70s British sedans...

Cheers

Alan

P.S. If you haven't been following the scandal, here is what is filling our
news media at the moment - it could sink the BBC, and if it does, in my
opinion, it won't be a moment too soon. It is being called 'Manuelgate', and
Manuel will be familiar to you if you have ever watched Fawlty Towers:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zrUZ2N8x2GI
(The important bit is at about 2 mins 50 onwards)

And here are some of the reports on the furore it has caused:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/latest/2008/10/28/jonathan-ross-and-russell-brand-face-probe-over-manuelgate-prank-phone-calls-115875-20848966/

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=atphLRB1SlbU&refer=uk

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5018123.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1080642/MAIL-ON-SUNDAY-COMMENT-Ross-Brand-BBCs-gutter-culture.html