<VV> Corvairs on TV & New Computer TV technology (NO Corvair content)

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 31 15:11:57 EDT 2008

Hulu is Great and the best part is it's free!!  They even have movies you
can watch - free.

For some reason CBS tends to keep their shows to themselves, so you have to
go to their site, but the lack of ads are great.  I have a widescreen
monitor, 6.1 sound and that's all we watch anymore, as far as the shows we
do watch.

All the networks are going this way, TV land, USA, and some of the PBS
shows.  CBS has some of their old shows on, that haven't carried over to
Hulu yet.  I've been watching one or two "Have Gun - Will Travel" a night.
It's amazing seeing people who went on to be big stars, when they were
nobodies.

We dropped cable five years ago, when we realized how little we were
watching it. We're not big on TV and nor into sports. We do like NCIS and I
like Numbers.  I did miss not getting Monk that was on USA, but now HULU has
the new shows and the some of the old ones, and I have got hooked on Burn
Notice, mostly to see how off-base they are about spies and my place of
employment.

I also have an HDTV card installed in my computer, so I can watch the over
the air local DTV/HDTV channels (or cable if you have it) which I'm getting
32 channels of.  I recorded a lot of sewing/quilting shows for my wife with
it.  All I have to do is click on the show I want to record and the card
will turn the computer on, record the show and then turn off the computer.
I end up with a small file I can burn to a DVD along with other recorded
files and she can watch them whenever she wants.