<VV> Melted wiring harness in the engine bay

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 2 12:10:33 EDT 2008

The postmortem is not complete (although I suspect my relocation of
the electric fuel pump was the cause), suffice it to say that there
was a short in the a wire in the wiring harness in the engine bay and
before I could put it out, the resulting fire had melted the hiring
harness and the wires' insulation about an inch and a half on either
side fusing some of them together (which I now have basically
separated).

Should I:
A) try to separate, splice in new wire and reconnect (as suggested by
a vendor)

  Spend the $150-200 to replace the engine and/or main wiring
harnesses (which I will eventually do anyway)

The fun never seems to end,

Stephen