<VV> Melted wiring harness in the engine bay

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 18:25:25 EDT 2008

You don't say where in the engine wiring harness the short occurred, but if
it did not melt the wires as far as the connector with the body harness you
should still disconnect that connection and see if the heat did any damage
inside the connector connections.  I had a car that had a fuel leak fire  that
then caused a short in the engine harness.  Even though the harness  wiring
insulation didn't melt back to the body harness connector the copper wire
transferred enough heat to discolor some of the connectors inside the connector
harness.  (That's enough connection for me).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC Suburbs

deal here.