<VV> Antique Car Insurance

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 2 22:33:22 EDT 2008

Has anyone else run into this:

I applied to J.C. Taylor for insurance for my Corvair.  They ask for the
number of drivers in the house and I listed myself and my wife, with me
being the primary driver for the Corvair.  I also had to list other cars I
own.  The only other vehicle we own is a 2008 Chevy Silverado.  Up until
February of this year, we had two cars, a 2005 Silverado and a 2006 Buick
Lacrosse that we had for my wife.  In the 2 years we had the Buick she drove
it only once.  My wife doesn't work, nor is she a shopper.  She is glad to
stay at home with her hobbies.  I'm only 10 minutes from home when I'm
working and if she had an emergency, I have no problem leaving work to take
care of it, but this hasn't never been the case.  I want to maintain her
drivers license, so if I should ever need her to drive me anywhere she
could.

I was turned down by J.C.Taylor because : Each licensed driver in a
household must have a vehicle available for their normal, everyday
transportation needs, and we have 2 drivers and one vehicle.

I called them about this and all I got was that this is company policy!  I
explained that we had just downsized to one vehicle, because she had only
driven her Buick once in 2 years and that was to just try it out.  There
response was what if she has an emergency and I said I can be home in 10
minutes, or if it's serious enough, she call an ambulance.  I'm home
everyday by 2 pm, and we work our shopping and appointments around this
schedule.  Also my wife doesn't drive a stick, in fact she doesn't even like
riding in the Corvair.  I can't remember the last time she's been in it.

Does this mean I need to go buy an unneeded vehicle, that will sit around
like the last one, just so I can get insurance on my Corvair.

Russ Moorhouse