<VV> Late model coil brackets

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 14:01:43 EDT 2008

I need help from the Late-model savvy among us. I am working on a mongrel engine of mixed breed. I have a coil bracket with a mounting hole and a slot on 3 inch spacing. On Earlies, the hole goes over the stud at the back of the head which pokes through one hole in the right rear shroud. A bolt goes through the slot and into the shroud between the distributor and coil. But the right rear shroud I am about to install on this engine has no hole for the bolt.

Does the Late model coil bracket only have one mounting hole going over the stud?

Thanks

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on