<VV> Opinions and suggestions wanted

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Sun Sep 7 18:34:54 EDT 2008

I did it a little different cause I wanted to be able to paint bigger
pieces. Mine is 2 ftr deep by 4 ft wide and 4 ft high but has hinges on
the 2 side to back junctions so it folds up for storage. It is made from
lightweight 1/4 " luan plywood. The top is a piece of plywood that lays on
top and the bottom of which has multiple hooks from which to hang parts.
The front is rolled up plastic sheeting fastened at top and slit
lengthwise so u can reach thru it to see items and paint yet leave little
area for fumes to escape. The contraption sits on a table that I tape
construction paper to it and gets replaced when dirty and messy.
One of the sides has a flange to take 4 in metal dryer duct which leads to
a cheap squirrel cage blower that sucks fumes and sends them to outside.
It creates enough of a negative pressure that I can paint an item and
smell almost nothing in garage proper.
For really dirty jobs, I use a fresh air blower that sits outside and
pumps fresh air to a painters helmet thru a tube.

regards,

frank