<VV> Unknown Carburetor Float Valve

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 10:10:07 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/7/2008 10:57:23 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ronh at owt.com writes:

I'm curious about a carburetor float valve that is on my '62  wagon.  It has
a metal slug with hemispherical heads at each end which  sits on top of a
little wafer that appears to have an elastic insert which  seals against the
threaded holder.  I've never seen one like it  before.  Is it a premium item or
does the standard viton tipped valve  work better?  There's no name or ID on it.
I also have some ball  valves I could use.  Any experience here?

That is  a very old style... used  in the 60's -70's rebuild kits....  They
always worked fine...

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Web Tinyurl.com/3ds7d
somewhere between Sea  Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.