<VV> Battery float chargers

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:39:26 EDT 2008

I too have the $5 HF float charger, and it works well on my cars, but DO NOT
USE IT on any battery that is not maintenance-free, enclosed, or AGM/GEL. I
used it on an older motorcycle for winter storage, and it boiled it dry in
less than a month resulting in at least one shorted cell (ruined).
Naturally, of all my motorcycles, that was the one with the battery that is
the hardest to get out, and hardest to find a replacement.

YMMV,

Lonny