<VV> 1964 for sale in San Jose, CA

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 19:02:47 EDT 2008

Yesterday I visited with a Corvair owner and his wife who have decided to
divest themselves of a 1964 coupe. The car has been dutifully parked in a nice
dry garage in San Jose,  CA for the last 20 years or so.  When the car was
parked, the body was prepared to be fully re-painted. The outer  paint portion
was removed, all door handles, taillights and emblems removed and  boxed up. The
body looks very straight but will need a full paint job Some of  the interior
was removed, but is still there. The front and rear glass was  removed and
stored in place, ready to be installed after paint. The body looks  in good
shape. I saw virtually no rust on the car. A couple of aftermarket  (Enkei) wheels
(not installed) were also present. The engine had been removed  and sent out
to the VairMart of 20+ years ago and rebuilt. The application  numbers on the
block (ZF) specify an earlier 102 motor, as does the appearance.  It is a
4-speed car, and has the lower transverse leaf suspension. The engine is
installed and, according to the owner was re-started and ran well. All the  engine
items are in place, and the car should be able to run easily. No idea of  gas
tank condition. The installed tires look excellent but are almost flat, and
should be thrown out (Too old for any use).
In addition, the owner bought, and parted out a 1965 Turbo coupe. Much of
the car is still there at the house.  Basically, anything that could unbolt
from the body is packed-in somewhere in several storage sheds. The Turbo itself
is a non-turning unit. The engine and transaxle are still assembled, and have
been covered up. He has a few NOS parts which he may sell on Ebay. He doesn’t
 want to sell the 65 parts separately – at least at this time. So we are
talking  about a Partially assembled 1964 Monza with many, but not all of the
extra items  needed to fully assemble the car.  Again, the car is in San  Jose, CA
– If I can  answer any questions for you, please feel free to ask me. I will
pass them along  if I do not know the answers. – Seth Emerson
-sethracer at aol.com