<VV> clicking sound from rear of car

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 12:37:10 EDT 2008

Dave Thompson wrote:
Today, I drove slowly next to a wall for about a quarter mile (traffic). I
heard a clicking noise that changed with speed but not with RPM. It sounded
like it came from the rear but I can't be sure. Throughout the day I
thought
about what it might be. Without looking under the car I am guessing that it
might be the U-joints. Wouldn't they make a clicking noise? Wouldn't
bad
bearings make a grumbling sound?

Dave,

I just experienced this on my Rampside. Thought it might be a wheel bearing, but it was one dried out cup on my u-joint. The rollers had cut grooves in the trunnion.
You should check this out soon.
Good Luck,
Bill Wells