<VV> FW: Re: adjusting brakes and dumping ATF fluid

sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 11 15:55:39 EDT 2008

The MC i put in was the conversion kit from clarks, I have no clue if that's for drums or discs

Charles
From: LonzoVair at aol.com
To: sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: <VV> adjusting brakes and dumping ATF fluid
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:10:41 +0000

Charles,
All that info is pretty much detailed in the 65 Shop Manual.
You put the drum on, and turn the star adjuster at the bottom of the brakes (with a brake spoon or long screw driver) until a heavy drag is felt (meaning you rotate the drum every few clicks of the adjuster). As long as you get them relatively close you should have no problems.
The MC you installed was for drum brakes, not disc brakes, right? There IS a difference.
Take care,
Lonzo