<VV> 1966 4-Speed to a 1965 Differential

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Sep 12 21:30:11 EDT 2008

Yikes !

That reminds me of when I "upgraded" to a 1966 4-speed (and new bracket
because it's longer) way back when !

The mechanic did not relaize that there is a different oil flow hole
pattern, and caused my differential to actually melt before the
transaxle actually split from the pressure.

The roller bearings looked like chewing gum, and the teeth on the pinion
gear were completely melted and "tuliped" !

What a disaster !

It was great up until that point, though, when I was traveling at about
70 MPH and heard screaming tires and noticed two ribbons behind me as
the tach went to 0, and my Corsa convert (with 4 pasengers) came to a
complete halt in the middle of the Long Island Expresway, and had to be
towed off.

I wish I had kept the parts, but that was a while ago (don't ask how
many)

Charlie