<VV> manifold pressure gauge tube

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sat Sep 13 15:01:56 EDT 2008

Jim,
I haven't seen any answers to this on V V, so I'll respond on my experiences with the gauge in my 1965 Corsa 180.  If this is anything like YOUR earlier gauge, you shouldn't have to remove the instrument panel to remove the tubing end from the back connection on the gauge.  Just reach back there (hope you have a long arm) and feel the hex end of the fitting that secures the end of the tubing to the gauge.  Then using a small open-ended wrench (sorry, I don't remember the size - maybe 1/4 inch???) unscrew that fitting and, when it's loose, pull the fitting and tubing off the back of the gauge.
Good luck!
Frank Burkhard