<VV> Towing

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sun Sep 14 01:27:15 EDT 2008

Timothy,

Something to think about; what will it cost to drive 700 miles (350 each
way) and rent a trailer for ½ the way? I purchased my Corvair from Tampa FL
and I live in Southern California. I searched the internet and found a
trucking company that moved it for $1000.00, driveway to driveway in an
enclosed trailer. There are MANY car transporters out there. I’d bet you
could find one to ship your car for less than the cost of you driving out to
get it.

However, the trip sounds like fun AND you get to inspect the car. As you
have read from others, there are a multitude of problems that might occur on
a trip towing an unknown car over a long distance. I suggest that you insure
a trouble free trip and enjoy your new car by towing it home on a trailer.

Dave Thompson