<VV> Towing a Previously Dormany Corvair

John Oshea jco99 at cox.net
Sun Sep 14 11:38:12 EDT 2008

In the Southern Nevada area, including Las Vegas, you have to get a government sticker to tow a car with out-of-date, or no registration.
Not sure if the sticker is required everywhere in Nevada, or what the rule is if the car has valid registration/tags. The sticker goes into effect the minute you pick it up. There's no planning a week ahead and going to get the sticker so you'll have it when you're ready to tow. You can't get a sticker that goes into effect at a future date. The clock starts running when you pick up the sticker and is good for ten days. Governments love to do things that way, and of course you have to pay a fee for the sticker because more money is always needed for something. I had to buy the sticker to tow my Corvair from one house in town to another.