<VV> Spark plug thread repair - ??

Ron ronh at owt.com
Sun Sep 14 23:18:37 EDT 2008

It looks like an incompletely installed thread insert but not a helicoil.
Someone will recognize exactly what it is, I hope, but it sure looks like it
can be unscrewed after which I'd try to screw in a new replacement, making
sure that it goes in all the way.  Search the internet for thread inserts
and see if any match up with the one you have.  If one does, call the
manufacturer for some removal techniques.

RonH