<VV> spark plug insert repair Vol 44, Issue 44

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:22:15 EDT 2008

That particular insert is made by Locktite, and are sold at Napa
(at least in my part of the country). I've used those types of
inserts before, and wasnt happy with them because of their tendancy to back out after installing. A standard Helicoil, or
a Timesert are both much better ways to fix a spark plug hole.
Note- the Locktite, Timesert, and Helicoil type inserts all use
the same threads, so have no fear installing a different insert.
to get that particular insert out, get a old spark plug, coat
the threads of the plug with red locktite (stud and bearing mount), then thread the plug into the offending insert and
tighten, wait over night until the locktite cures, then remove
the spark plug- the insert will come out with it!
Kevin Nash, 63 efi spyder