<VV> TURBO CHARGING

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Thu Sep 18 16:56:33 EDT 2008

Hi Bob,

You are the one person that seems to have tried everything with a
CORVAIR engine.  I work for a Mercedes Benz dealer and they have a turbo
diesel engine that has variable nozzle turbine geometry. The vane angles
adjust so at lower speeds it has lower vane angles and the turbine
speeds up quicker at lower speeds and at higher speeds a steeper angle
slows the turbine with a steeper angle while increasing air volume.  On
the Mercedes this is done electronically but I was wondering if anyone
(you) has tried anything like this with mechanical adjustment controlled
by throttle linkage on a 180 engine?

Regards,

Guy Brandes