<VV> Rare FC - not Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 00:15:48 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/18/2008 7:21:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

Steven,

I don't know if VW ever imported them to the US  officially, but a guy at
the
local Naval Hospital had one a decade  or so back.  They were commonly  used
like other crew cabs in  construction when I was living in Germany in the
late
'60s and early  '70s.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair

I think they were a special order only in the USA. I actually sat in the
back of an early one (pre-68) for a short ride. They sold a short cab  - like the
rampside, but with short fold-down side panels, and the Crew cab  3-doors -
two on the right side. Several dealerships used them as parts delivery  vans. I
think that there was a Woebegon - I mean Vanagon version as well. With a
decent motor, they might be almost as good as a Greenbrier.  -  Seth