<VV> Can You Tell Me What This Is?

Tom Lopez twlopez at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:54:39 EDT 2008

So this morning I went outside to survey anymore leaks coming from my 1960
700 Sedan. All in quiet on the rear surprisingly (except for the usual
trickle from the corner collection). I did however notice a small spot about
the size of a silver dollar pancake under the front right passenger wheel
well. Upon crawling as far under as I could, I noticed an oily looking
cylindrical object. I can only see the bottom of it and it appears to have
an electrical lead attached to the end. If I didn't know any better I would
say it looked like the butt of a starter or even a small solenoid. Anyhow I
couldn't get too dirty since I was heading out to work. Anyone have any
ideas what it is and what the fluid might be? Brake fluid perhaps? It looked
too thick to be gas.

Tom