<VV> Can You Tell Me What This Is?

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Fri Sep 19 12:02:19 EDT 2008

Gas heater ???

Regards,

Guy Brandes

Sounds like the gas gauge sender to me.

Dennis

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:54:39 -0700> From: twlopez at gmail.com> To:
virtualvairs at corvair.org> Subject: <VV> Can You Tell Me What This Is?> >
So this morning I went outside to survey anymore leaks coming from my
1960> 700 Sedan. All in quiet on the rear surprisingly (except for the
usual> trickle from the corner collection). I did however notice a small
spot about> the size of a silver dollar pancake under the front right
passenger wheel> well. Upon crawling as far under as I could, I noticed
an oily looking> cylindrical object. I can only see the bottom of it and
it appears to have> an electrical lead attached to the end. If I didn't
know any better I would> say it looked like the butt of a starter or
even a small solenoid. Anyhow I> couldn't get too dirty since I was
heading out to work. Anyone have any> ideas what it is and what the
fluid might be? Brake fluid perhaps? It looked> too thick to be gas.> >
Tom
are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/