<VV> How to 'cold set' ignition timing ? 1967 Monza 110 PG

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sun Sep 21 18:45:16 EDT 2008

On my 1967 Monza 110 PG, I have :

1-Fuel to the carb inlets (I can see the streams)
   (Plus a little starting fluid in each carb)

2-Spark to the plugs (which is why the wrench I was holding is now in my
neighbor's yard)

3-SethRacer's wires are in the correct order (1-4-5-2-3-6 CW)

4-Crank set to TDC & distributor rotor points to #1

5-Distributor cap #1 wire is a bit CCW of where rotor points to #1

Hmmmm ...

Looks like the only thing missing is timing -
-- how do I set the initial position of the distributor ?

I want to get it set up right, so as not to kill the battery trying !

Thanks
Charlie
1967 Monza 110 PG