<VV> 1965 GM manual (page 6Y-19,Fig 8i) Plug firing order

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 22 14:11:57 EDT 2008

Despite what I previously said about #1 being close to the engine block (I
was wrong), it is not physically possible to have it in that position
because of the vacuum advance unit.

So, what I think will fix your diagram is to "move" your colorized wires at
the distributor.  Put #1 where you have #3 and put # 3 where you have # 1.
See if that fixes everything.

Did you look at the pictures I sent?  #1 is actually at about the 5oclock
position when viewed from the rear of the car or the 7oclock position when
viewed from the right side of the car.

I think that you have changed colors on the #1 and #3 wires mid-stream.  It
would seem easy to do at the point where they are more or less bundled
together (passing over and under one another) in the diagram.

Later, JR