<VV> Corvair firing order

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 15:44:59 EDT 2008

I have a guess what happened in the wiring diagram.  The firing order is
from an inline 6 cylinder engine.  The kid doing the drawing didn't have
a clue what the Corvair firing order was so he just copied the last one
from an old manual.  The guy who was supposed to check the drawing was
dreaming of his vacation to the Bahamas and didn't care if the picture
was right or not!  The diagram got published in the manual and nobody
caught the error until the next manual was published.  I was an engineer
for 38 years and I speak from experience!
Clark Hartzel