<VV> Offensive topics, was: US Politics

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 17:26:39 EDT 2008

To me, the most offensive topic (and one that I KNOW will spark a debate)
is the very idea of putting an engine in the FRONT of the Corvair. A
water-pumper engine.... With a live axle.....

THAT is the very reason they invented the Camaro. If you want such a car,
go buy a Camaro.

But it's the fact that it's a repudiation of everything that makes a
Corvair a Corvair. Rear engine. Air cooled. Four wheel independent
suspension. Get the picture? Without these key features, what you have is
NOT a Corvair, but a "something" else with a Corvair body.

Sure, I can live with a waterpumper engine in a Corvair. I'm not entirely
inflexible, especially since the stock Corvair engine IS limited on the
amount of HP you can get out of it. But keep it in the back, or at least
BEHIND the passengers. And keep the independent suspension, for heaven's
sake.

Anything less is just not a Corvair anymore.... IMHO.

-Mark

BUTHUMOROUS!!)