<VV> Languages (no Corvair)

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 18:13:03 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/22/2008 1:43:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

Here in  Ohio (oh-hi-ah), we have Lima (lye-mah) and Wooster (woo-stir), as
opposed  to Lima, Peru (lee-ma) and Worcester, Mass (also pronounced the
same as the  Ohio city - but how they get THAT out of it, I don't know). And
don't EVEN  get me started on Gratiot (Michigan)!

-Mark

Gratiot is a street (main drag on the east side of Detroit) and is
pronounced Grash-it.

Now how someone familiar with French but not American English would
pronounce "Detroit"...........which means in the original "La Cite  D'Etroit"  (The
city of the Narrows, or straits).

Scotty from Hollyweird