<VV> Using compression gauge to locate TDC ?

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Wed Sep 24 19:48:10 EDT 2008

On closer examination, I get 0 on the alternating TDCs, so that must be
the exhaust.

I do get 60, then 120, so maybe it's 60 on the 1st compression TDC, then
120 on the 2nd time compression TDC ?
Seems like good compression though.

I'm using a remote start since the "manual crank" method does not
register any compression with the gauge, and I feel nothing with the
"finger in the plug" method either.

So, I waited for a reading then backed it up to TDC and considered that
TDC to be "compression."

After all that testing, I killed the battery, but it seemed to have
tried to start before the battery went completely out.

Try again later.

Conclusion, the "compression gauge method" seems to identify the stroke
nicely, and you can borrow one from your local AutoZone for free (just
leave some ID.)

Thanks (to be continued)
Charlie