<VV> tach

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 15:33:15 EDT 2008

Guus and Arend,
     Sorry, but you fellows know I was just speaking only for the USA where our home electrical network is maintained at 120 volts AC and 60 cycles per second.  Since Europe generally has 240 volts and 50 cps, you have to modify my values of 2400 rpm (full wave rectification) and 1200 rpm (half wave rectification) by multiplying them by 50/60 to get 2000 rpm (full wave rectification) and 1000 rpm (half wave rectification) on your tachometers.
     Lach alstublieft!
     Frank "enjoyed my visit to Amsterdam" Burkhard

In a message dated 09/26/08 14:11:45 Eastern Daylight Time, guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl writes:
SNIP

>> The power company takes considerable pains to maintain the 60 cps
>> quite
>> accurately since it governs the speed of electric clocks and other
>> devices

Yes so do ours......to keep them at..... 50 cps ;-)

Arend, heb je al een oplossing, anders even bellen.

Regards,

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Turbo-Charged Cvt