<VV> And the correct mirror is??

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 28 12:16:31 EDT 2008

Mark,  I have no way to verify this but it has been my impression that on
the '65 mirrors the entire head moved rather than just the mirror glass.  As
you say, some items were dealer install so things may have ended up on wrong
year cars.

Regardless of what I just said above, my car (a '65 Monza) has the remote
mirror listed on the body tag - well Group 4 - letter F - which includes the
remote mirror along with other items.  The mirror on my car is (what I
believe to be) the later style where only the glass moves, not the entire
head.

So, was letter F a dealer install option?  If so, was the wrong mirror used?
Did the car have the "correct ?" 65 mirror originally and it was replaced
for some reason or other?  Don't know and don't think I ever will.  My best
guess is that letter F was installed at Fisher Body rather than the dealer,
since it also included inside day-night mirror and 2 speed washer/wiper.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140