<VV> Sources for Mechanical Fuel Pumps

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 01:21:14 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/28/2008 8:15:15 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Mikeamauro at aol.com writes:

OK Bob,  I took one apart: the "damn" IS present.  Moreover, the diaphragms
are fabric reinforced. Again, after having multiple  failures with  other
supplier's pumps, the NAPA, # M3988, as produced by Federal   Mogul, is the
only one
I've found that does not eventfully start weeping  from  between the
sections.
I've also had other supplier's pumps  simply quit  pumping for no apparent
reason. OBTW: I use a filter  between the fuel tank and  the inlet to the
pump.

Mike Mauro

Hi Mike,
Glad that you found a satisfactory pump with the dam and all. But you  forget
that I'm getting old and don't remeber just what the problem or concern  was
with your pump back in May. What was resolved by finding that your pump had
the dam and the correct diaphragm? What weas the problem with this "good" pump
then?
Regards,
Bob Helt