<VV> PG Transmission question

rchivers at tampabay.rr.com rchivers at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 29 13:42:26 EDT 2008

Hi all,
    Have a PG question (probably one of several as we go along).  My son in law removed the drive train from my 65vert (95hp Pg).  The PG has had a bad leak for some time, we have isolated it to what we believe is the front pump seal.  We are attempting to remove the plate from the front of the pump housing.  Have removed all bolts from both the inner and outer bolt circles on the face of the PG, but are unable to remove the front plate.  From the drawings it looks like the plate should just pull out of the lip but we are unable to budge it.  Is there some trick or something else that we have missed ?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
  -Rex-
  65 vert
  61 Rampie